Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

AEDM day 3

I had planned on working on my page at lunch today but, I had lunch with my youngest daughter at work today.... I did spend time this evening working on this journal page. I am trying to just go with the flow and not sure how it is flowing at the moment. I think this is going to take me a few days to complete, it just feels that way. I do like it so far but this is kinda of different for me, making me stretch. 

Someone asked me what paints I use and I am using watercolor paints but the kind you buy your kids to use in the tin tray. Not knowing having very much experiance with watercolor paints, I didn't want to invest a lot of money in them.  It's interesting because I kind of like the acrylic paints better but, will play around with these somemore. Well, thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice face. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting painting, because at first glance it looked to me like a row of teeth out to bite someone. It doesn't on close inspection but, I wonder, given what you've written about, are you a bit overloaded and feeling a bit frazzled? I hope you're not offended by these comments, as I really enjoyed this and earlier artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just wanted to cheer you on and say Yay! for stretching your boundaries! It takes bravery to step out of our comfort zone AND you are doing a GREAT job :) Love your girls face, she has beautiful eyes and those zentangles in your other posts are AMAZING! They seem to be taking over the world at the mo...i defintely must have a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling the "obstacles" page. One of the collages I made was so busy and so... not very pretty (yours is very pretty, by the way) that on one of the sections I wrote, "I can't hear with all this noise" or something close to that....

    I love the contrast of the pencil girl's face. I look so forward to seeing what develops.

    I am grateful to have met you through art every day month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so admire artists who brave mixed media. There is a nice translucence to these journal pages. I too tried the cake watercolors without much success...you can water down acrylics and they will act similar but more opaque.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails