Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

journaling...

All was forgotten about cleaning the attic...
my daughter and I went to some thrift stores

my journal page in progress


using my ruling pen

 




 
finished with the ruling pen
my next page to work on...
my cat scooter

looking out the window wondering if it is going to be gray all day long....
I am so glad I had a chance to finish my journal page... reflections. Even though I am craving to see the sun the weather does make it easier to stay inside and be creative. I tried to show how to use a ruling pen. I have a book, Acrylic Revolution by Nancy Reyner and that is were I learned about the ruling pen. My first try with ink not so good but with paint much better.  The book has all kinds of techniques in it. I have tried a few so far. I also picked out some fabrics to make a quilt for my sister-in-law. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will soon start chemo, she lives in another state so when my husband goes to see her in May I will have it finished. I am going to quilt it as I go using a technique from the book Reversible Quilts by Sharon Pederson. I have done a few things out of this book, it's fun.

Well better head off to work now.  Thanks for looking!
Karen

4 comments:

  1. I vaguely thought ruling pens were used with acrylics. Glad you said they worked better with the paint than ink. Maybe my memory isn't completely gone--hehe! In fact, I think I have one someplace that I had to buy for a college art class--but never used. Might have to dig around. ;)

    Looks like you had fun both shopping and working on the sketchbook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done an art journal page in FOREVER. Thanks for reminding me I need to dust it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen! Isn't thrift store shopping fun? It's like treasure hunting!
    I love the ruling pen...is that a tip like an old fashioned ink pen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal page! Have been admiring your zentangles! I so enjoy creating them as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails