Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This past weeks creative endeavors...



This week and the last have been quite challenge with a lot of changes going on at my work which has sent me down to "my" room to work on my latest fabric as I call it and trying out something new with a soda can. I read somewhere and I am sorry I don't remember where I read it but, you can take a soda can and carefully cut it open (and wear gloves) and then you can use the aluminum for ummm what I did... I purchased a little kit called: Walnut Hollow Creative Metal Supplies - 8pc/Mini Tool Kit. I used one of the ball points to write Dream in the metal. I need to improve but not to bad for the first try. I have decided I need to learn to take better pictures of my work. I am loving how my fabric is turning out, can't wait to finish it to turn it into something.

Time to go cook some dinner for the hubby. Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the Quilting Book. I ordered it today. That metal work looks fun. I need better pics too. I need to set something up outside. I notice that is what some bloggers do for better light. Terah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I saw someplace on a video about cutting open pop cans and using the inside aluminum like you have and in other ways. I don't remember now either. Nice job!

    I love how bright and playful your fabric is.

    I hope the challenges and changes settle down a bit at work. Glad you have the crafts and art to fall into. It's so good for the soul, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terah - you like it, it is a good book. I used to use it to teach a beginning quilt class when I had a shop.

    Rita - Thanks for coming buy and for the encouragement about work. Organizational changes are always so hard because the transition takes so long sometimes...

    You ladies have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your fabric is turning out, too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the fabric!
    can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails