Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

My July ATC cards for my Flytribe group, Barbie and Skipper


I have been on vacation so it give me time to do art... One thing about magazines is looking back on older issues and finding something you want to try. I was looking at my Cloth, Paper, Scissors issue from September/October 2010 and there was an article about making your own stamps for faux silkscreen so I thought I would give it a try doing my July Flygirls ATC.

Here is my butterfly drawn on a craft foam sheet...


I then cut it out into separate pieces....

(I should of taken some more pictures of the stamping process) Here are the butterflies after I stamped them and painted them and added some detail. I need to buy some more stamps because I had old ones and had to had a little paint to them....


I then did some echo stitching on them....


And then the finished card....


Ready to send in the trade...



One of my favorite blogs is Jamie Fingal Designs - she has fun quilts and her Barbies help her out... I had told her one day I needed to get mine out and here they are... Barbie ans Skipper from the 60's (they were mine that I played with).


I am going to try the foam stamp process again but use a stylist instead of an ink pen to make the indentations, get some more stamps and make sure when I stamp I leave a little space in between. It was fun to bring my Barbie and Skipper out, my sister and friends used to play for hours with them in our backyard making a town. Skipper's dress was crocheted by my Grandma... good memories.

Well, thanks for stopping by and looking. Hope you have a great day!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my blog on your blog. Love your Barbie and Skipper. That crochet skirt is pretty fun too. Gotta love Barbie's bubble hair!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails